Public Sector Outplacement - supporting staff facing redundancy
Personal Career Management support a range of Public Sector Organisations and their staff through the redundancy process. We understand the emotional impact many face as the organisation they have worked for for many years undergoes major restructuring. Our outplacement services provide the practical and emotional specialist career coaching support that will enable an individual to navigate the competitive job market and move into appropriate new employment as soon as possible, whether remaining in the Public Sector, moving into the Private Sector or making the move into consultancy or self employment.
Our Public Sector Outplacement Services differ from traditional outplacement in a number of ways:
- We provide more in depth support - crucial if you want to make the transition into other sectors or give yourself the competitive advantage within your sector
- Whether one to one or workshop delivery, you will experience the same high calibre coaching support - we only have one level of coach - superb!
- With our media partnerships we have a unique understanding of the latest strategies on how to maximise social media for our clients to manage their online presence
- We offer full online job research support enhanced by our research team providing all the information our clients need
- We are the only outplacement company recommended by several of the top UK Recruitment sites
Our prices are highly competitive and we can advise on the most cost effective delivery methods for your staff to ensure your budget is met without compromising your service.
By choosing Personal Career Management as your outplacement provider you can rest assured that staff leaving your organisation will get all the help and support they need.
Personal Career Management have provided outplacement services for many Public Sector organisations including:
- Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
- Reading Council
- Hammersmith and Fulham Borough Council
- The Royal Armouries
- Sheffield West PCT
- Think London
- Oxford Brookes University
- Bucks New University
- and the Territorial Army
Job Search Workshops
These are practical in nature while being highly sensitive and supportive to participants who may be experiencing a range of emotions as a result of their redundancy.
The sessions are tailored to meet the particular needs of the staff group but typically include:
- Managing career transition
- Self-assessment of skills and experience
- How to find the job you are looking for
- CV preparation, covering letters, application forms
- Interviewing skills and practice
- Managing recruitment agencies and headhunters
- Organising your job search
"I wanted to let you know that I thought you were a wonderful facilitator, the day was so very engaging, productive and a great help for me at this time.
The outcome for the day were key messages and moving on the right track and I greatly value how many (and not too many) of each of these dimensions I felt I gained progress in. I feel extremely motivated after the tight focus of the day and more prepared for the immediate couple of months ahead of me.
New tools and ideas including developing a functional CV, direct approaches, focusing on career capital and achievements, what potential employers want to know, plus how to excel at interviews, were all new information for me and I am incredible grateful for the opportunity to have gone through all this information with you."
Mary O' Connell, Advocacy and Learning Manager
Combined Job Search Workshop and One to One Coaching
These provide a cost effective way of providing a large amount of information through the workshop and also giving each individual a follow on session or sessions with a career coach to discuss the area of most need to them.
Our Outplacement services can be provided at our premises in Central London, Gerrards Cross, Milton Keynes, Ipswich or Leeds or delivered in-house at your offices or remotely via phone or Skype. Take a look at our remote career coaching programmes.
Individual outplacement support
If you are looking for outplacement support for yourself then we are happy to help. Working with one of our highly experienced career coaches, our outplacement coaching programmes are tailored to your specific requirements but will typically include the following:
Career review and analysis
- Assessing career capital, key skills, experience etc
- Undertaking psychometrics where appropriate
- Exploring career options and/or alternative ways of working
- Making informed decisions about next career move
- Devising a practical career action plan for next job and beyond
Marketing your skills to Employers
- Locating where the target jobs are - both advertised and unadvertised
- Creating CVs, covering letters, application forms etc which will be short-listed
- Rehearsing for interviews, presentations and networking, using video as appropriate
- Managing the recruitment agency/headhunter relationship
- Developing an on-line presence to enhance visibility
- Salary negotiation
- Settling into the new job
- Practical help in setting up own business
- Consultancy advice on business development
Specialist information resources
Our clients have a dedicated information manager to help them source the information they need. In addition, they have online access to the following:
- Career File with comprehensive information on career self-assessment and job search techniques
- Information and contacts to recruitment agencies and head-hunters
- Personalised daily updates of advertised vacancies drawn from a list of over 50,000 new vacancies per month
- Detailed information on companies, business news updates and mailing lists
- Career matching software with information on over 1800 potential career options
How do I find out more?
Please call us on 0845 686 0745 or fill in our contact form and one of our outplacement team will contact you to discuss your requirements.