Do you have a job in mind, but don’t know how to get there? Corinne Mills reveals how to stand out from the crowd and get the job you want.
Impressing a prospective employer in a competitive job market is paramount. So how can you stop your application from ending up on the reject pile?
In this Guardian Masterclass, career coach Corinne Mills teaches you how to write relevant and compelling CVs, LinkedIn profiles and job applications, to make sure you will be among the shortlisted candidates. It will also show you how to impress an interview panel and make it easy for them to hire you.
This workshop is ideal for anyone who wants to maximise their chances of job hunting success, whether you are relatively new to the job search or have been looking for a while.
- Decode job adverts to present yourself as a suitable candidate
- Choose the right tone to showcase your skills in a positive and authentic way
- Devise a CV that will maximise your chances of being shortlisted
- Use LinkedIn as an invaluable career marketing tool
- Answer tricky questions to impress an interview panel
- Avoid the self-sabotaging mistakes that affect over 90% of candidates
- Overcome common career challenges, such as career gaps, limited experience, etc
Saturday 25 January 2020. 2pm–5pm. The Guardian, London, N1 9GU