What is career management?
Career management is about taking control of your career to proactively ensure that your career is meeting both your professional and personal objectives. Effective career management is built on firm foundations, so it is essential to have a clear understanding of your “career capital” i.e. your skills, experiences and potential.
Exploring your career options and bench-marking your skills in the job market will help devise a clear, focused and realistic career plan. Developing an attractive sales pitch to prospective employers and learning how to create opportunities are the means by which the career plan will be implemented.
Career management isn’t a single intervention but an ongoing strategy. However, there are times in your career when it will require more input, especially if you are looking for a job move or promotion.
What is the difference between career management and outplacement?
Outplacement services provide career and job-search support to those who are leaving their employer through a redundancy settlement or a settlement agreement.
Our career management programmes are typically for those who are currently in work. They may be looking for career progression in terms of a new role, promotion or even a career change. They may also feel “stuck” career-wise and want to review their career options.
Take a look at our Outplacement Services.
How will I benefit from career management?
Career management has both immediate and longer term benefits:
- Achieving higher salary
- Enhancing job satisfaction and interest
- Improving your marketability
- Minimising risk where there is career uncertainty
- Positioning yourself for future job opportunities
- Creating balance between your personal and professional needs
How can Personal Career Management help me?
Working with one of our team of specialist career coaches, we will help you manage your career by:
- Identifying and assessing your key skills and experiences and any gaps
- Working out what it is you really want to do for the future
- Devising a practical career action plan to determine what to do and when
- Maximising opportunities within your current organisation
- Marketing your skills persuasively to potential external employers
- Enhancing your salary negotiation skills to ensure that you are being paid appropriately and well
- Reviewing your strategic action plan to ensure your career remains on-track and is able to accommodate unforeseen changes
What do career management programmes cost?
Our Career Explorer programme provides solid foundations and a results-focused plan to accelerate career development. This programme is £2,800 inc VAT delivered via video Skype or Zoom.
If you wish to combine this programme with our Job Search or Self employment programme, then the total cost of the combined programme will be £4,800 inc VAT delivered via video Skype or Zoom.
We are happy to advise on which programme would best fit your needs.
Easy payment terms are available for those wishing to spread the cost of this investment over 10 months.
How do I find out more?
Ring us on 0345 686 0745 or fill in our contact form and one of our team will ring you to discuss your requirements.
Personal Career Management operates under the CIPD Code of Practice for Outplacement and Career Management consultants.