What is Outplacement?
What is outplacement? Outplacement services provide job search support to those facing redundancy
Outplacement services provide the practical and emotional specialist career coaching support that will enable an individual to navigate the competitive job market and move into appropriate new employment as soon as possible. It also enables organisations to focus their energies on business operations rather than divert the sometimes considerable time and energy needed to support leavers and the morale of the retained team.
Personal Career Management have provided outplacement services for many diverse organisations including Capital One, Buckingham Palace, National Gallery, Honda, ITN, Travelex, Panasonic, the NHS, the British Academy, several Universities, Charities and Local Education Authorities.
Our Outplacement Services can be provided at our premises in Central London, Gerrards Cross, Milton Keynes or Ipswich, delivered in-house where appropriate or delivered via video Skype.
Individual outplacement support
Working with one of our highly experienced career coaches, our outplacement coaching programmes are tailored to the requirements of the individual and organisation, but will typically include the following:
Career review and analysis
- Assessing career capital, key skills, experience etc.
- Undertaking psychometrics where appropriate
- Exploring career options and/or alternative ways of working
- Making informed decisions about next career move
- Devising a practical career action plan for next job and beyond
Marketing your skills to employers
- Locating where the target jobs are – both advertised and unadvertised
- Creating CVs, covering letters, application forms etc which will be short-listed
- Rehearsing for interviews, presentations and networking, using video as appropriate
- Managing the recruitment agency/headhunter relationship
- Developing an on-line presence to enhance visibility
- Salary negotiation
- Settling into the new job
- Practical help in setting up own business
- Consultancy advice on business development
Specialist information resources
Clients have access to icareercoach™, our powerful, online career management, job search and career development resource.
- Interactive career profiling tools and career assessments
- 100’s of coaching videos to guide you through your journey
- Over 1000 articles in the newsroom relating to career and sector news
- Contact information on recruiters and head-hunters
- Company information for speculative approaches or prior to interview
- 100’s of employer videos packed with invaluable insights into getting a role
- CV and application planning, preparation and advice
- Interview planning and practice simulators
- Self-development as part of your ongoing learning
- Business skills on a range of topics for enhancing your skills within the workplace
Job search workshops
These are practical in nature while being highly sensitive and supportive to participants who may be experiencing a range of emotions as a result of their redundancy.
The sessions are tailored to meet the particular needs of the staff group but typically include:
- Managing career transition
- Self-assessment of skills and experience
- How to find the job you are looking for
- CV preparation, covering letters, application forms
- Interviewing skills and practice
- Managing recruitment agencies and headhunters
- Organising your job search
Stand-alone sessions on particular aspects such as CV writing or interview skills can also be provided as required.
These are run as a drop-in clinic where individuals have a 1 hour appointment with a career coach to discuss the area of most need to them.
How do I find out more?
Please call us on 0345 686 0745 or fill in our contact form and one of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements.