Staff redundancies can be painful for both the individual and the organisation. Our job search workshops and career clinics can help facilitate supported exits for groups of staff in a cost effective way.
In particular it can:
- Help those facing the most competitive job market for decades
- Reduce conflict and disputes as individuals feel supported
- Free up HR and line management time and energy
- Maintain morale and the productivity of the redundancy “survivors”
These workshops are a cost-effective means of practical job search support for larger teams of more junior staff. They can be provided on-site or at Personal Career Management’s offices.
We work closely with the HR department to tailor the workshops to the particular needs of the leavers. The sessions typically include the following areas:
- Managing your career transition
- Developing your “sales pitch”
- Job-hunting techniques for the advertised and hidden job market
- CV preparation, covering letters and application forms
- Creating an on-line presence
- Interview and networking skills
- Managing recruitment agencies and headhunters
- Organising your job search
In addition, workshop participants have access to the following research services and specialist databases to help make their job search more time-efficient:
- Career File with comprehensive information on career self-assessment and job search techniques
- Information and contacts for recruitment agencies and head-hunters
- Personalised daily updates of advertised vacancies drawn from a list of over 50,000 new vacancies per month
- Detailed information on companies, business news updates and mailing lists
- Career matching software with information on over 1800 potential career options
“I wanted to let you know that I thought you were a wonderful facilitator, the day was so very engaging, productive and a great help for me at this time.
The outcome for the day were key messages and moving on the right track and I greatly value how many (and not too many) of each of these dimensions I felt I gained progress in. I feel extremely motivated after the tight focus of the day and more prepared for the immediate couple of months ahead of me.
New tools and ideas including developing a CV, direct approaches, focusing on career capital and achievements, what potential employers want to know, plus how to excel at interviews, were all new information for me and I am incredible grateful for the opportunity to have gone through all this information with you.”
Mary O’ Connell, Advocacy and Learning Manager
Career Clinics provide appointments for staff to have a one to one session with a career coach to discuss areas of particular relevance to them. They can be used as a follow-on from the workshop or as a stand alone facility. It helps individuals answer the question “what about me and my particular circumstances”.
These are run on a day or half-day basis when provided on-site. They may also be provided flexibly via Personal Career Management premises.
How much do your outplacement programmes cost?
Please contact us for more information on your requirements and we will be happy to supply a proposal with full costings.
Our Corporate Clients
We have provided outplacement services for a wide range of organisations in the private, public and not for profit sector. These have included Buckingham Palace, National Gallery, ITN, Capital One, Royal Armouries, Travelex, Panasonic, the NHS, British Academy, Liquid Capital, SMMI Investments, AMT-Sybex, NHBC, Brighthouse, Millward Brown, the Methodist Church, IAVI, My Travel, Oxford Brookes University, Monsoon Accessorize, Halfords, Sony, the Orient-Express, Guoman Hotels, T K Maxx, Swisslog, national and international charities, Local Education Authorities and many others.
“Personal Career Management provided us with a very high level of expertise; an understanding of the various issues associated with the individual aspects of redundancy, professionalism in their approach and undertook the administrative aspects themselves. We used a two pronged approach with them which included an ‘open’ workshop looking at the external marketplace and an overview of CV writing and interviews, coupled with a one to one meeting afterwards to address individual concerns and issues. The feedback on these sessions was highly positive and uplifting which is to their credit in such difficult circumstances. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Personal Career Management to anyone.”
Alison Heaney, HR Director, Travelex Currency Services
How do I find out more?
Ring us on 0345 686 0745 or fill in our contact form and one of our team will ring you to discuss your requirements.