Outplacement services offer job search support to those facing redundancy, providing specialist career coaching expertise which includes both practical advice and support for the individual’s emotional well-being at a challenging time. This will enable an individual to navigate the competitive job market and move into appropriate new employment as soon as possible. It also enables organisations to focus their energies on business operations rather than divert the sometimes considerable time and energy needed to support leavers and the morale of the retained team.
Personal Career Management has provided outplacement services for many diverse organisations. We’ve provided bespoke programmes for a diverse range of organisations from professional services companies such as Grant Thornton, high-profile organisations such as Buckingham Palace, the GLA and the NHS, many Universities and Scientific Institutions such as Bath University, the Wellcome Trust and the Frances Crick Institute, Charities like MSF and Wateraid as well as organisations in the creative and heritage fields such as Tate Modern, the V & A and the Ambassadors Theatre Group.
If you are a human resources manager responsible for finding a new outplacement provider, contact our friendly team. We would be more than happy to talk you through our outplacement programme options. Please call us on 0345 686 0745 or fill in our contact form and one of our team will contact you.
Individual outplacement support
Working with one of our highly experienced career coaches, our outplacement coaching programmes are tailored to the requirements of the individual and organisation during a difficult time of change and career transition. Our outplacement services will provide support to employees who are leaving the company by giving them the skills necessary to find new employment. In a competitive job market, outplacement support can be especially valuable as it can help employees increase their chances of finding a new job. Our support includes:
Career review and analysis
- Assessing their transferable career capital, key skills, experience etc.
- Undertaking psychometrics where appropriate
- Exploring career options and/or alternative ways of working
- Making informed decisions about next career move
- Devising a practical career action plan for next job and beyond
Marketing your skills to employers
- Locating where the target jobs are – both advertised and unadvertised
- Creating CVs, covering letters, application forms etc that get them shortlisted for upcoming job roles
- Rehearsing for interviews, presentations and networking, using video as appropriate
- Managing the recruitment agency/headhunter relationship
- Developing an on-line presence to enhance their visibility
- Salary negotiation with new employers
- Settling into the new job
- Practical help in setting up own business
- Consultancy advice on business development
Specialist information resources
Clients have access to icareercoach™, our powerful, online career management, job search and career development resource.
- Interactive career profiling tools and career assessments
- 100’s of coaching videos to guide you through your journey
- Over 1000 articles in the newsroom relating to career and sector news
- Contact information on recruiters and head-hunters
- Company information for speculative approaches or prior to interview
- 100’s of employer videos packed with invaluable insights into getting a role
- CV and application planning, preparation and advice
- Interview planning and practice simulators
- Self-development as part of your ongoing learning
- Business skills on a range of topics for enhancing your skills within the workplace
Job search webinars
These are practical in nature while being highly sensitive and supportive to participants who may be experiencing a range of emotions as a result of their redundancy.
The sessions are tailored to meet the particular needs of the staff group but typically include:
- Managing career transition
- Self-assessment of skills and experience
- How to find the job you are looking for
- CV preparation, covering letters, application forms
- Interviewing skills and practice
- Managing recruitment agencies and headhunters
- Organising your job search