Looking for a new job is very demanding and in today’s job market it can easily take 3-6 months to find a new role, and senior appointments are likely to take even longer.
We have put together some of our top tips to help in this challenging time:
- Budgeting is sensible, but don’t panic or make rash decisions
- Talk to your bank, financial adviser or an accountant for advice
- Work out your financial bottom line and make a financial plan based on 3 monthly or 6 monthly intervals
- If necessary talk to your local Job Centre to find out whetheryou are eligible for benefits and/or to get your national insurance stamp paid
- Try and cut down your outgoings accordingly as there are bound to be certain things you are paying for that aren’t
There are lots of websites out there to help you budget and put together a financial plan, and we have also found a range of voucher sites with some great savings.
Have a look at some of the resources below for more budgeting tips:
Money Advice Service:
Citizens Advice Bureau: