Why you might be holding yourself back at work by Corinne Mills, MD of Personal Career Management.
1. Only talking to your boss when things are going wrong. Balance it out – let them know when things are going right too!.
2. Being silent at meetings. If you’re not contributing, what is the point of you being there?.
3. Playing too safe. Stepping outside your comfort zone shows you have promotion potential.
4. Keeping good ideas to yourself. They may not be taken up every time but you’ll get positive attention.
5. Be assertive about asking for career development, whether it is training, new
responsibilities or new experiences. If you don’t ask – you don’t get.
How do I find out more?
Call us on 0345 686 0745 or fill in our contact form and one of our team will be happy to contact you.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your situation and to find out more detail about how our programmes work.
Or Call Us on 0345 686 0745