In partnership with the Guardian Career Coach and MD of Personal Career Management Corinne Mills will be delivering a Masterclass on the secrets to a successful job interview at the Guardian offices in London.
Our Masterclass is suitable for all levels including graduates, managers and executive directors and you’ll leave with a new found confidence in your ability to make a great impression at interview.
- Deconstructing the interview process – what to expect and how to prepare
- Preparation, preparation, preparation – advice on the research you should to before any interview
- Decoding what the employer is really looking for and how to make it easy for them to hire you
- How to use examples from your career to prove your capabilities
- Competency-based interviews and how to meet employers’ recruitment criteria
- Dealing with those tricky interview questions and difficult interviewers
- How to present your strengths and weaknesses in a way that reinforces your suitability for the role
- How to effectively communicate your career goals
- How to talk about yourself positively and confidently in a way that is authentic, relevant and persuasive
- How to minimise the impact of nerves prior to interviews
- Q&A and group discussion
This course is for you if…
- You want to learn how to perform well at job interviews, regardless of your profession or level of experience
- You’re thinking about a career change, and need to convince your interviewers why you should be chosen rather than a more conventional candidate
- You’re applying for a promotion and you want to show that you are ready for that step up
- You’ve not been working for a while and want to get back into employment
Date: Tuesday 3 November 2015
Location: The Guardian, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU
Price: £99 (includes VAT, booking fee and drinks)
Event capacity: 36
To book you place please make your payment via Eventbrite.
Additional details of the event can be found on the Guardian website.