We have put together some top tips especially for HR professionals:
- You may know all about recruitment, but it doesn’t make being a candidate any easier. If you are looking for your next job, then get some advice and feedback on your CV and interview skills
- Demonstrate your value to an organisation by showing how you have helped, i.e. increase profits, improved efficiency or reduced costs
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in your field so that you retain your expert status and credibility
- Social networking platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn have become indispensable tools for growing a person’s professional network. more so in HR. Actively using Social Media will not only give you a leg up on identifying the best talent and training staff for your organisation but also allows you to reach out to your network much more easily and effectively
- Network with your local HR community by attending CIPD Branch events. If you are not a member, contact your local committee via the CIPD website to see if you can go along as a guest
- Proactively arrange the career development that will provide stepping stones into your next role. This might include additional training, work-shadowing, finding a mentor, upgrading your qualifications, or asking your manager if you can get involved in new areas of work. If you don’t ask – you don’t get!
It is important to develop an on-going strategy so you can take control of your career to ensure it is meeting both your professional and personal objectives. On-going career management will help towards career progression, promotion or even a career change.
Working with a professional career coach on a one to one basis can help you to achieve your career goals. On your career coaching programme your coach will look at your career options with you, put together a career action plan and can also work with you through the latest job search techniques to help you to make positive changes in your career.
If you are interested in finding out more about Personal Career Management and how we can help you, please get in touch with our team.
To arrange a free initial consultation please call the office on 01753 888995, or send an enquiry via our online contact form.
You may also be interested in the following articles: