What is Outplacement
Supporting those facing Career Transition
Redundancy situations can be stressful for all involved. Outplacement services provide the practical and emotional specialist career coaching support that will enable an individual to navigate the competitive job market and move into appropriate new employment as soon as possible.
It also enables organisations to focus their energies on business operations rather than divert the sometimes considerable time and energy needed to support leavers and the morale of the retained team.
Personal Career Management have provided outplacement services for many diverse organisations including Capital One, ITN, Travelex, Panasonic, the NHS, the British Academy, several Universities, Charities and Local Education Authorities.
Our Outplacement Services can be provided at our premises in Central London, Gerrards Cross, Milton Keynes, Leeds or Ipswich or delivered in-house where appropriate.
Individual outplacement support
Working with one of our highly experienced career coaches, our outplacement coaching programmes are tailored to the requirements of the individual and organisation, but will typically include the following:
Career review and analysis
- Assessing career capital, key skills, experience etc.
- Undertaking psychometrics where appropriate
- Exploring career options and/or alternative ways of working
- Making informed decisions about next career move
- Devising a practical career action plan for next job and beyond
Marketing your skills to employers
- Locating where the target jobs are – both advertised and unadvertised
- Creating CVs, covering letters, application forms etc which will be short-listed
- Rehearsing for interviews, presentations and networking, using video as appropriate
- Managing the recruitment agency/headhunter relationship
- Developing an on-line presence to enhance visibility
- Salary negotiation
- Settling into the new job
- Practical help in setting up own business
- Consultancy advice on business development
Specialist information resources
Our clients have a dedicated information manager to help them source the information they need. In addition, they have online access to the following:
- Career File with comprehensive information on career self-assessment and job search techniques
- Information and contacts to recruitment agencies and head-hunters
- Personalised daily updates of advertised vacancies drawn from a list of over 50,000 new vacancies per month.
- Detailed information on companies, business news updates and mailing lists
- Career matching software with information on over 1800 potential career options
Job Search Workshops
These are practical in nature while being highly sensitive and supportive to participants who may be experiencing a range of emotions as a result of their redundancy.
The sessions are tailored to meet the particular needs of the staff group but typically include:
- Managing career transition
- Self-assessment of skills and experience
- How to find the job you are looking for
- CV preparation, covering letters, application forms
- Interviewing skills and practice
- Managing recruitment agencies and headhunters
- Organising your job search
Stand-alone sessions on particular aspects such as CV writing or interview skills can also be provided as required.
These are run as a drop-in clinic where individuals have a 1 hour appointment with a career coach to discuss the area of most need to them.
How do I find out more?
Please call us on 01753 888995 or fill in our contact form and one of our team will contact you to discuss your requirements.