Supporting those facing career transition
Redundancy situations can be stressful for all involved. Outplacement Services enable organisations to focus their energies on the future rather than using time and energy to support those who are leaving.
Personal Career Management have provided outplacement services for a wide range of organisations including Capital One, ITN, Travelex, Panasonic, Halfords, T K Maxx, the NHS, Millward Brown, Rexam, Sony, Liquid Capital, The Berkeley Partnership. Our public sector and not for profit corporate clients also include the NHS, the British Academy, Oxford Brookes University, national and international charities, the Methodist church and Local Education Authorities.
We offer a range of individual, executive and group outplacement services which are always tailored to the individual and organisation’s requirements. They can be delivered at our Personal Career Management’s offices in Central London, Gerrards Cross, Milton Keynes, Ipswich or Leeds or delivered in-house as required.
Individual outplacement support
Working with one of our highly experienced career coaches, our outplacement coaching programmes include the following:
Career review and analysis
• Assessing career capital, key skills, experience etc.
• Undertaking psychometrics where appropriate
• Exploring career options and/or alternative ways of working
• Making informed decisions about next move
• Devising a practical career action plan for next job and beyond
Marketing your skills to Employers
• Locating where the target jobs are – both advertised and unadvertised
• Creating CVs, covering letters, application forms etc which will be short-listed
• Rehearsing for interviews, presentations and networking
• Managing the recruitment agency/headhunter relationship
• Using on-line presence and social media to enhance visibility
• Salary negotiations
• Settling into the new job
• Practical help in setting up own business
• Developing business plan
• Marketing and sales coaching
• Legal and financial information
Take a look at our range of individual outplacement programmes and prices
Group outplacement support
Job Search Workshops
These are practical in nature while being highly sensitive and supportive to participants who may be experiencing a range of emotions as a result of their redundancy.
The sessions are tailored to meet the particular needs of the staff group but typically include:
• Managing career transition
• Self-assessment of skills and experience
• How to find the job you are looking for
• CV preparation, covering letters, application forms
• Interviewing skills and practice
• Developing your on-line presence
• Managing recruitment agencies and headhunters
• Organising your job search
Workshops on particular aspects of job search can also be provided eg CV writing workshop.
Find out more about our Group Workshops.
You may also want to explore icareercoach™, which is our new powerful, online career management, job search and career development resource, ideal for groups of staff. This is our low cost outplacement option for organisations who have limited budget but still want to support their staff through redundancy with job search support. Find out more about our low cost outplacement options.
These may be run as a stand-alone activity or as a follow-up to the group training session. Run on a day or half-day basis, individuals have a 1 hour appointment with a career coach where they can focus on the area of most need to them e.g. interview skills or CV
“I wanted to let you know that I thought you were a wonderful facilitator, the day was so very engaging, productive and a great help for me at this time.
The outcome for the day were key messages and moving on the right track and I greatly value how many (and not too many) of each of these dimensions I felt I gained progress in. I feel extremely motivated after the tight focus of the day and more prepared for the immediate couple of months ahead of me.
New tools and ideas including developing a functional CV, direct approaches, focusing on career capital and achievements, what potential employers want to know, plus how to excel at interviews, were all new information for me and I am incredible grateful for the opportunity to have gone through all this information with you.”
Mary O’ Connell, Advocacy and Learning Manager
Specialist information resources
All clients have a dedicated information manager to help them source the information they need and access to the following on-line resources:
• Career File with information on all aspects of career and job search techniques
• Contact information recruitment agencies and head-hunters
• Personalised daily updates of advertised vacancies
• Detailed information on companies, business news updates and mailing lists
• Career matching software with information on over 1800 potential career options
How do I find out more?
Ring us on 0345 686 0745 or fill in our contact form and one of our team will be happy to ring you and discuss your requirements.