Supporting those facing career transition
Redundancy situations can be stressful for all involved. Outplacement Services enable organisations to focus their energies on the future rather than using time and energy to support those who are leaving.
Personal Career Management have provided outplacement services for a wide range of organisations including Capital One, ITN, Travelex, Panasonic, Halfords, T K Maxx, the NHS, Millward Brown, Rexam, Sony, Liquid Capital, The Berkeley Partnership. Our public sector and not for profit corporate clients also include the NHS, the British Academy, Oxford Brookes University, national and international charities, the Methodist church and Local Education Authorities.
We offer a range of individual, executive and group outplacement services which are always tailored to the individual and organisation’s requirements.
Individual outplacement support
Working with one of our highly experienced career coaches, our outplacement coaching programmes include the following:
Career review and analysis
• Assessing career capital, key skills, experience etc.
• Undertaking psychometrics where appropriate
• Exploring career options and/or alternative ways of working
• Making informed decisions about next move
• Devising a practical career action plan for next job and beyond
Marketing your skills to Employers
• Locating where the target jobs are – both advertised and unadvertised
• Creating CVs, covering letters, application forms etc which will be short-listed
• Rehearsing for interviews, presentations and networking
• Managing the recruitment agency/headhunter relationship
• Using on-line presence and social media to enhance visibility
• Salary negotiations
• Settling into the new job
• Practical help in setting up own business
• Developing business plan
• Marketing and sales coaching
• Legal and financial information
Take a look at our range of individual outplacement programmes and prices
Group outplacement support
Job Search Webinars
These are practical in nature while being highly sensitive and supportive to participants who may be experiencing a range of emotions as a result of their redundancy.
The sessions are tailored to meet the particular needs of the staff group but typically include:
• Managing career transition
• Self-assessment of skills and experience
• How to find the job you are looking for
• CV preparation, covering letters, application forms
• Interviewing skills and practice
• Developing your on-line presence
• Managing recruitment agencies and headhunters
• Organising your job search
Webinars on particular aspects of job search can also be provided eg CV writing workshop.
Find out more about our Group Webinars.
You may also want to explore icareercoach™, which is our powerful, online career management, job search and career development resource, ideal for groups of staff. This is our low cost outplacement option for organisations who have limited budget but still want to support their staff through redundancy with job search support. Find out more about our low cost outplacement options.
Specialist information resources
With any Personal Career Management outplacement programme staff will have access to icareercoach™ an invaluable resource along with the support of their career coach.
- Interactive career profiling tools and career assessments
- 100’s of coaching videos to guide them through their journey
- Over 1000 articles in the newsroom relating to career and sector news
- Contact information on recruiters and head-hunters
- Company information for speculative approaches or prior to interview
- 100’s of employer videos packed with invaluable insights into getting a role
- CV and application planning, preparation and advice
- Interview planning and practice simulators
- Self-development as part of their ongoing learning
- Business skills on a range of topics for enhancing their skills within the workplace
How do I find out more?
Get in touch on 0345 686 0745 or fill in our contact form and one of our team will be happy to ring you and discuss your requirements.